Friday, February 11, 2011

From Jalan Universiti to Jalan Macalister Penang

This is a transition. For the past two years my education environment was religious

 Everyone is Muslims there. We even had dress code there. Hand socks, socks are all 

compulsory. Basically my uni practices Islamic lifestyle. The rules were so strict that we 

can only go for outing on Friday, and weekends only. If we want to go out on weekdays, 

we have to write a letter requesting permission. The amount of respect demanded there 

were outrageous. It’s not wrong, but the fact that you need to get your outing card sign by 

the crappy fellows to allow you to go home is just waay too crazy for 18 year old 

teenagers. Alhamdulillah, some of the fellows are very nice. There are also the one very 

lazy, very strict and very rude. We all need to be in the hostel the latest on 12am. If you 

are not in the room you are summoned. I wonder whether they take doing assignments 

with frens into account.  But it would be very selfish of me if I were to say the not very nice 

part of it. I have learnt ample of knowledge now. I know more bout Islam, I understand 

more on the reality of the creations, I become more patient ( though I’m still short 

tempered, it has gone down a bit), I become more aware on the dress code for Islam, and 

lots more. If I were to take a ruler and start to measure how much I’ve learnt there, I 

would end up decaying myself because it’s just waay too much. I am just so super 

thankful that I spent my two long years there. Not even a mili second I spent there was a 

waste. I’m still thanking Allah for the two most wonderful years I had.

Okayh, back to my first statement of the post, the transition I was referring is, during my 

foundation years, that was my environment. Now that I’ve entered my degree years, I 

decided to do it in the nearest college in my hometown. It’s called D.I.S.T.E.D. all this while 

my secondary school was just right opposite this college. Who would ever know that I 

would end up in disted. Psychology is the course that I decided to pursue. So, when it 

comes to disted, it’s totally opposite from my previous education years. Here the lecturers 

are not like the king of the uni. They are more like your frens. They crap with you as much 

as they teach you.. I really am enjoying here. I really hope it last. So when it comes to my 

classmate or even college mate
the previous college mate was like the ladies in the picture above (except the one in the dark pink kimono; kena besokan tudung). but now my classmates and college mate now is like this
or

But believe me this is the least sexy version. Haha. I’m the only Muslim in my course, and you can 

count the number of Muslims around there. Maybe it’s less than 10. Impressive right? The total 

environment is so super different.  I can even enter the class like an hour after the class starts, with no 

need to explain why I’m late. Though I find it cool, but I’m still adapting. Previously we only can talk in 

class when the lecturer asks, but now the lecturer is asking us to talk. Pelik okayh. I’m like one of a kind 

there. I think even if I were to just take towel and cover my head, no one will find it weird. Pakai 

tudung bawal kelas z pun tak peduli okayh.  Kalau pakai telekung pun mesti fashion utk mereka. Haha. 

But the guys here are really gentleman. They open the doors for you, they help you with the directions. 

Seriously, my previous uni, they are sooo not gentleman. They don’t even care if you are standing, as 

long as they are seated. 

So, when it comes to songs, the first song in my previous uni was Asmaul Husna. when it comes to 

disted, Dynamite was the first song the played here. Isnt that like two different poles? i was like "Woo, 

cool". its not surprising because back in my previous uni, i still had loads of entertainment. i was always 

listening to my ipod, watching dramas, watching movies, reading novels. but this didnt blind my eyes 

all around. i somehow managed to balance it. but, to be frank, at times it went lopsided as well. But 

thats life, you learn how to balance things. 

One of the greatest thing i had in my previous uni was my friends. they were among of the greatest 

people i have ever met. From my ict friends to my allied friends. they amaze me, they rock my world. i 

will miss those friends who say me crying, consoling me, commiting crime with me, doing crap things 

with me, checking out cute guys with me, copying answers in quizzes, asaimen, projects, mid exam 

paper, final paper (now im just thankful i didnt get caught HAHA), accompanying me, sleep with me 

when im afraid of being alone and etc. 

Here are the pictures of my past
this was the picture drawn by our group in english class
my first cup of tea i made there
my first instant classmate; she was my roommate nunu
i even made an essay about him; my greatest obsession
my roommate for more than 2 years
my tiny fren from klantan, she did rock my world

my ict mates

my short sem frens
during lead train
my lead train gp
my best crime partner in allied
my physics class
the best ever class
my trip to kuatan
my instant roomie
during my agd
bajet solo shot
this is during short sem
the best part of having friends is spending time together
the worst part of it is farewell.
but these are the souls that i will cherish the memories forever.
i hope they will be loads more pictures in future.
i hope this transition will make a better person that the me without transition
because changes are good at times.
it reminded me of what my lecturer said on my first psychology said
you cant control what is going to happen,
but you can control on how to react towards it.
InsyaAllah, hopefully i react accordingly to changes,
excel and rock my degree years like my previous foundation years.
:)(:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahh dh tukar g dited ke...disted tu yg btul2 dpn sggs tu kan?

Syamimah Abdul Farouk said...

syuhadah: yeas. ironic gila kan? :)

Post a Comment